I know these are weird things to post together, but that is what has been going on in our family.
We had a rough time about a week ago. Tanner came home from a soccer game and said he didn't feel well. He had a fever so I gave him some ibuprofen to get rid of it. The fever went away but he was still not feeling well. He started vomiting and we couldn't get anything to stay down. On Tuesday the fever came back so we had to go to the doctor. After some blood tests, the doctor said that his cells looked a bit suspicious and
there was a chance he had a bacterial infection in his blood. That is NOT what a mom wants to hear. The doctor admitted him to the hospital and started him on fluids and IV antibiotics just in case.
He was not a happy boy and I actually had to carry him in. That is so different from his normal personality. That was a huge sign of how sick he was. He did not like getting poked so many times for the blood work. It was especially bad because they broke on of the vials in the lab and had to do another draw about an hour after they had done one. It took about 48 hours for the blood culture to grow but fortunately it was negative. I have to think that the priesthood blessing had something to do with it. He was a whole different kid once the fluids got in his system.
He is feeling much better now and is actually back to his normal self. His soccer coach even commented on how much better he looked. Thankfully it was a short lived experience. For Tanner it wasn't all bad. He got to play video games and since I won't allow them at our house, it was a treat for him. And the nurses gave him presents for being so good when they had to redraw the blood. I doubt he would want to do it again, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
When that finished, I got to spend a week in Scappoose Oregon at a training in advanced incident command systems. I know, it sounds WAY cool. And let me tell you that you will wish you were there :) The first 2 days were rough because of the group I was in but the last 2 days were enjoyable. 
I was able to be home for one night and then we packed up and headed out to the Oregon coast for the holiday weekend. Luckily the weather man was wrong. We had great weather and enjoyed the time.
We went to the Oregon Coast Aquarium and checked out their new exhibit. This picture was taken inside the shark tube. Kind of cool eh?
After it all, it is kind of nice to be back home.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Two trips....one to the hospital, one to the coast.
Posted by tannersmom at 5:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
4 comments:
How scary to have your baby admitted to the hospital! (I know. Delaney spent several days in pediatrics, too, a month ago, also waiting for a blood culture to grow...) So glad your little guy is ok!
Gosh Dawn seeing Tanner in a hospital bed makes us realize how sick he really was. Grandma happened to be here with me and I was showing her your blog. Tell Tanner we are happy he is all better!
I didnt even know he had been in the hospital until JoLynn mentioned something. I'm glad he is doing better...thank goodness it wasnt anything too serious. I remember when Damon was really sick in the hospital. Its sad to see them that way!
As I read this again, I can't believe we went through the SAME thing a week ago AGAIN! Craziness. I'm just glad our babies are all ok. I agree with you about the Priesthood blessings. Totally.
Post a Comment