CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS �

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Here it goes

Who knew that I could get so much joy from entering a room and hearing "Hi Tanner's Mom!" It is kind of funny that I worked so hard to create a personal identity and to stand on my own, only to find out that I am happiest as Tanner's mom.  Since so much of my daily schedule revolves around this role, I decided that was the best name for me.  

So, I decided to enter into the world of blogging.  I enjoy reading other people's blogs so much, I doubt mine will even come close, but it is a good way to keep people up to date.   To get started, I am going to pick up on a tag from another blogger and fill in the blanks.  Here goes!  

8 Things I am passionate about:
  • My testimony of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ
  • My family
  • My role as a mother 
  • Marist Volleyball
  • Teaching CPR (The more people I teach, the more people there are to save me if I need it)
  • Reading good books (Always looking for suggestions if anyone has any)
  • Giving my son all the opportunities I never had
  • Reality TV (I love watching the Discovery channels)
8 Past books I have read:
  • The Book of Mormon
  • The Memory Keeper's Daughter
  • Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo (A recommendation from a 10 year old.  I am now starting volume 2)
  • The Alliance
  • The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich
  • The JP Beaumont series by JA Jance
  • Almost everything by Lisa Gardner
  • Almost everything by Mary Ellen Edmunds
8 Things I often say:
  • For future reference...
  • Whatever
  • Tanner Luke!!!!
  • I have no summer
  • You are my bestest sweetie boy (to my son)
  • You left the light on again (to my husband)
  • I have so many things on my plate it had to be bumped
  • I didn't get as much done as I had hoped

8 Things I look for in a friend:
  • Trustworthy
  • Random
  • Someone I can call even when I don't want to (Does that make sense?)
  • Honest 
  • Willing to tell me things even when it is hard
  • Funny
  • Someone able to carry on a real conversation
  • Someone that is still a friend even if we haven't talked in a while.  
8 Things I want to do before I die:
  • Fit back in to my pretty clothes
  • Visit a tropical island
  • Visit Germany 
  • See my kids grow up and have families of their own
  • Learn to play the piano better
  • Swim with dolphins
  • Go scuba diving somewhere warm (Where I don't have to wear a wetsuit!)
  • Become fluent in another language. (I have studied German and ASL but I'm not fluent)
8 Things I have learned this past year:
  • I don't have to be afraid of a sewing machine
  • Good things happen when we listen to the promptings of the spirit
  • Sometimes righteous desires are not the ones the Lord had in mind.
  • Kids grow up way too fast.  (It wasn't a new thing to learn but I am constantly reminded)
  • I can teach Gospel Doctrine
  • Girls Camp is an amazing experience
  • I love being a classroom mom
  • I love my job and I really enjoy doing disaster response training. 
8 People I want to complete the 8 things questions:
  • Well, most of the bloggers I know about already did it.  So, pretty much anyone who reads this.  I love reading about what is going on with others.
Well, I have officially completed the first one.  Don't know how faithful I will be but we will see where this new challenge takes me. 

Tanners Mom



6 comments:

Laurel said...

Thought it would be fun to be the first commenter.

Welcome to the bloggerworld...
But, careful! It's addicting.

Carrie said...

Hey Dawn! Nice to hear from you and read about you in your new blog! I know I lived with you twice and I should know some of that stuff, but it was fun to remember!

Let's get some pics on there eh?

Love ya :)

rachel said...

YAY Dawn! I'm so excited you jumped into this wonderful world of blogging.
I'm going to be a faithful reader, believe me!!

Emy said...

I can vouch for Rachel being a faithful reader. She will make you feel so good because she will comment all the time. Welcome to blogging! It is so fun and yes, addictive.

Calvin said...

Hi Mom! It's me, Tanner (Not Dad). I like your new blog! I love you!

fergiefroggy said...

hey it is amanda
i am glad you are doing blogging so i can keep in contact when i am not at home
luv u guys
amanda