My sweetie boy is growing up. I keep telling him to stop but he just doesn't listen to me. I can still picture him as the little pink baby stretching out his toes in his first bath.
And then dressed in all white the day he received a name and a blessing.
It is hard to believe that so much time has passed 
and he has grown into such a smart, handsome boy. He is determined and a bit stubborn at times. I just can't figure out where he gets that from. :) He set a goal to learn to ride his bike before he turned 8 and he worked hard to do it. We didn't have as much time to work on it as we hoped this summer but he didn't give up. He rode for the first time completely on his own the last night he was 7. He wanted to do it and he did it.
I am so proud of him and the choices he makes. Today he made the choice to be baptized. He looked so grown up.

He planned the program all on his own and even though the bishop got confused on the time and it ended up starting almost 45 minutes late, it was a very special day. It was made even more special by the fact that we had family members here to celebrate with us. Because we live in Oregon, and our families are in Utah, Colorado, Idaho and Texas, Tanner doesn't usually have people here for his special events. This time, was different. We invited people to come for his baptism and they came. He was so happy. We had a house full of people with beds all over the place. They came from Utah, Idaho and Colorado It was wonderful and I loved every minute of it.
I will never forget walking across the mall parking lot and having Tanner look back and say,"Look at that crowd of people that is here for me." It was amazing. He was so grateful. I too am grateful to have such good examples for him to look up to. When it comes down to it, there is nothing more important than family.
To Tanner Luke, I say I Love You! And, I am so proud to be your mom.
And to my family, I say, Thank you! Thank you for being there for my boy on his special day.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Tanner's Baptism Day
Posted by tannersmom at 9:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
What a big day for Tanner. He is so dang cute, Dawn!!
Good to see you back in the blogging mode. Keep it up!
Yea, new posts!! Keep 'em coming! Your little guys is growing up so much! He is so cute. What a special day for him!
Post a Comment